Overview of the service
An In-Reach Team is based within each hospital and works with the hospital staff to advise on community services and the types of conditions that can be supported in the community. We support the hospital teams by identifying patients (both on the wards and in A&E) who could be treated back in the community, either in their own home or in another unit.
We work closely with Rapid Response, Community Nursing and Social Services in order to support patients.
Who can access this service?
This service is available to patients who:
- Are attending St George's NHS Foundation Trust or St Helier NHS Trust, either through A&E or as an inpatient
- Are over 18 years of age
- Are registered with a Sutton GP
- Have a specific health or health and social need
This service is not suitable for patients who:
- Are under 18 years old
- Have a mental health disorder as their primary diagnosis.
Team members who may be involved in your care
- Nurses who work closely with hospital physiotherapists and occupational therapists
Is patient self-referral available?
No, patients will need to be referred by their hospital team.
For all enquiries from both patients and healthcare professionals, please contact:
The Royal Marsden Community Services
Tel: 0208 661 3908
Fax: 0208 661 3910
St George's NHS Foundation Trust
T 07740 199474
T 07795 415076
T 07825 521374
St Helier hospital
T 07919 396875