We currently have no nurse in post - for medication issues, please contact your GP, and for all other issues, please contact our Administration Centre on 020 8661 3902.
Overview of service
The Parkinson's Nurse works alongside a patient's GP, hospital consultant, and other NHS and social care professionals to provide patients with information and advice to support and help them self-manage their condition.
Who can access this service?
The service is available to anyone who has a registered GP within the London Borough of Sutton and a confirmed diagnosis of Parkinson's disease. This diagnosis must have been made by a Consultant Neurologist.
What can you expect from the service?
The Parkinson’s Nurse can provide:
• Specialist nursing assessment and advice on how you can manage your Parkinson’s
• Support and information about Parkinson’s
• Links to other services that can help you
• Ongoing support for people affected by Parkinson’s, their relatives and carers
• An education group for people who are newly diagnosed
Where will you receive this service?
Most people are seen in a clinic setting at either Jubilee Health Centre, Shotfield, Wallington or Patrick Doody Clinic Pelham Road, Wimbledon.
What does the service expect from you ?
- We ask that you please give 24 hours notice for cancellations and that if you are running late for an appointment to let us know in advance. Similarly we will give you advance notice of any cancellations made by the service
- To follow recommendations which relate to your management plan
Is there a cost for this service?
This is a free service for all who are eligible for NHS care.
What happens when the service ends?
Once you are known to the service, you will be reviewed at regular intervals rather than discharged. You and your GP will be sent a letter following clinic appointments and at the end of every episode of care. This details the care and advice you received and recommendations.
For all enquiries from both patients and healthcare professionals, please contact:
The Royal Marsden Community Services
Tel: 0208 661 3908
Fax: 0208 661 3910
Other useful contacts
Parkinson's UK also provides local information, support, and advice in Sutton.
Parkinson's UK FREE helpline 080 8800 0303
Parkinson's Nurse leaflet